This blog is where I share with you all my quilting and sewing progress. I love English Paper Piecing and hand quilting but also enjoy making small items like pincushions and throw cushions. Please leave your comments and let me know you've dropped by.

Also, please feel free to have a look at my new cycling blog. This is a new hobby for me so there will probably be some fun and falling on the way!! Click on the pic at left hand side.

My New Knitting Blog

Sunday 26 June 2011

Cushion Covers

Hi just showing you a couple of things I've been doing in the last week or so between other quilty things and waiting for my op.
The cushions are for my sister's suite. There are 4 cushions in the set. She's really pleased with them. The fabric was originally a pair of curtains from a charity shop and I bought them knowing what I was going to make them into. Here they are......



That's Brodie Bassett posing alongside and making sure the cushions don't fall over. He's a great help!!!

And these little guys are going to be a large quilted cushion cover for my husband who has arthritis of the spine and needs something quite large and soft at his back while he watches TV..................



I have plenty other projects in the pipeline so come back soon or follow to see what's doing over here in Sleepy Hollow.
Thanks for visiting. Please let me know you called by leaving a comment.




1 comment:

  1. Greetings from an Aussie stitcher and quilter with a love of cats and labradors.

    Love the cushions above and the blocks for soon-to-be cushion.

    I too enjoy incorporating found items in my sewing. In Australia our charity shops are called Op' Shops (Opportunity Shops)and it's always a thrill when you discover something intriguing or fabulous such as vintage notions, hand stitched doilies or a shirt with an inspiring print.

    Am in the process of hand stitching hundreds of one inch hexies for a comforter, have finally decided on a pattern so can begin piecing them together - this is a long term project!

    Cheers Kathy

    ReplyDelete