This blog is where I share with you all my quilting and sewing progress. I love English Paper Piecing and hand quilting but also enjoy making small items like pincushions and throw cushions. Please leave your comments and let me know you've dropped by.

Also, please feel free to have a look at my new cycling blog. This is a new hobby for me so there will probably be some fun and falling on the way!! Click on the pic at left hand side.

My New Knitting Blog

Sunday 31 May 2009

Frilly Flannels!!!


What a gorgeous day we have had up here in Shetland. Warm, sunny and uplifting. But personally I'm not a sun lover and so after visiting my brother in town I was glad to get home into the cool of my little 'hobby room'.
As I've done quite a lot on my Project Linus quilt this weekend, I thought I would do something completely different. So I 'frilled up a flannel'!!
I had bought 5 new flannels ( 99p each ) from one of the chemist shops in town. Two white, one turquoise, one pale blue and one cerise. I knew I had a lovely piece of fabric that would go well with the turquoise flannel, so I got to work on it, and this is the result.



I have some gorgeous rose fabric which I bought at my favourite shop, Nimble Fingers. I am going to use that on the white flannel next time. I can't wait, but Project Linus is calling me back, so I'll have to!!

Just finishing my blog today with a photo of a couple of Shetland pony foals that I caught on camera on the way home today.
What the photo doesn't tell you is that the little foal standing up kept trying to wake up the other one by giving him a little kick and nibbling his furry mane!! It was funny to watch them!
OK that's it for today. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment