This blog is where I share with you all my quilting and sewing progress. I love English Paper Piecing and hand quilting but also enjoy making small items like pincushions and throw cushions. Please leave your comments and let me know you've dropped by.

Also, please feel free to have a look at my new cycling blog. This is a new hobby for me so there will probably be some fun and falling on the way!! Click on the pic at left hand side.

My New Knitting Blog

Tuesday 12 May 2009

Project Linus


I have decided to start blogging because I would like to draw your attention to Project Linus who distribute quilts to children who are in hospitals, hospices and refuges or any child in need of cheering and comfort. Please visit the Project Linus website to read all about it.
Amazingly they have had 100,109 quilts donated since 2000.
Could you add another one to that number?

Last week I was asked if I could make a quilt for them too. I was delighted to say I would try my best to get it finished within the time limit. My deadline is the last week of June!! I remembered that I had a child's quilt which I had begun about four years ago ( yet another UFO! Unfinished Object!). So I am now continuing with the quilting and will post a photo on here very soon to give you an idea of what it looks like so far.


Please let me know if you have any connections with Project Linus. If you've made quilts for them or something like that, I'd love to see piccies!!

Pop back soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment