This blog is where I share with you all my quilting and sewing progress. I love English Paper Piecing and hand quilting but also enjoy making small items like pincushions and throw cushions. Please leave your comments and let me know you've dropped by.

Also, please feel free to have a look at my new cycling blog. This is a new hobby for me so there will probably be some fun and falling on the way!! Click on the pic at left hand side.

My New Knitting Blog

Friday 13 August 2010

Progress Report



Well, here is my first progress report since taking the pledge a few days ago. I have sewn both the blue and yellow borders onto my Dresden Plate quilt and I'm now ready for the white border. This fabric will match the background fabric that the plates are on. I am still liking the freshness of this quilt.



My other project is a small pink and white quilt with applique flowers round the edges. This is just an ""experiment"" really. I don't think applique is ever going to be one of my favourite methods, but I wanted to at least give it a try!





I'll probably put some leaves along the 'stems' and some yellow butterflies across the quilt, but I'm open to much better ideas!!!

I'm off to sewing group tomorrow where we are being shown foundation piecing. Again, this is new to me and I am keen to learn this method.
Catch up with you soon.



1 comment:

  1. love that pink flower!
    oh your dresden plate is so pretty
    there is nothing like blue and yellow quilts to me.
    they just make me happy!
    can't wait to see how you quilt this by hand????

    ReplyDelete