This blog is where I share with you all my quilting and sewing progress. I love English Paper Piecing and hand quilting but also enjoy making small items like pincushions and throw cushions. Please leave your comments and let me know you've dropped by.

Also, please feel free to have a look at my new cycling blog. This is a new hobby for me so there will probably be some fun and falling on the way!! Click on the pic at left hand side.

My New Knitting Blog

Monday 9 August 2010

I'm So Jammy!!!


First of all, ""hi from Shetland"" to my new follower!! You are very welcome here. I hope you'll enjoy my "ramblings" and also laugh with me at my "senior moments" which get thrust upon me every now and again!.
I truly thought I was having a senior moment when I went to the local show and saw the results of my handful of entries. For me, my strawberry jam result was probably the most appreciated as my dad made jam that was known throughout most of Shetland and I like to think I am able to carry on some of that skill in his memory.
So here is a photo of my jam with it's "First Prize" rosette and also "Best in Show". I nearly fainted. My hubby actually asked if I was OK because my face went pure white with shock!!



I received "Third Prize" in the colour portrait section for this photo.....



....and a "Highly Commended" award for both of the photos below......






Needless to say I am already thinking of what to enter into the show next year!! Maybe some cakes, more jam, patchwork and quilting and other sewing projects....do you think I've been bitten by a bug!!! ha ha!

Well, thank you for stopping by my blog. If this is your first ever visit, please become a follower and join in the blogging fun! Remember to take a few moments to yourself each day. But better still, spend a few moments with God and lay your cares upon Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment