This blog is where I share with you all my quilting and sewing progress. I love English Paper Piecing and hand quilting but also enjoy making small items like pincushions and throw cushions. Please leave your comments and let me know you've dropped by.

Also, please feel free to have a look at my new cycling blog. This is a new hobby for me so there will probably be some fun and falling on the way!! Click on the pic at left hand side.

My New Knitting Blog

Thursday 23 September 2010

Sale Fabrics I Couldn't Resist



First of all, a warm welcome to my new followers!!

Yesterday I visited my local fabric store which was having a sale. Although there were lots of different things in the sale section I headed immediately to the fabrics like a demented homing pigeon and got my beak into the autumn colours!!!

These are the fat quarters I came away with........



The red one is "Turn of the Century" designed for Exclusively Quilters. It is such a pretty little paisley fabric!
The delightful little spotty fabric is "Country Kitchen Spot" by Makower UK.
The green is one of "Florrie's Favorites" - A Florence Peto Collection by Froncie Quinn, endorsed by Shelburne Museum for Red Rooster Fabrics.
I'm not sure what the next fabric is as there was no selvage attached to it. Perhaps if you know the name you could let me know as I would gladly have more of this design. I may be able to get the name of it from the shop if they still have some left.
I adore the next fabric which was designed by Jo Morton for Andover fabrics. This is a beautiful cinammon colour. The very last fabric is the same range but in a nutmeg colour. Between those two fabrics is a scrumptious rich brown and rust fabric but without the selvage edge again :>(

I think I would like to use these fabrics for either the grape basket or flower basket design but they would be stunning used in the Fons and Porter Oak Leaf Quilt.

I can visualize the red paisley as a basket and the spotty fabric as the 'flowers'. Here's a basket pic to help you visualize it too.......





Off now to get a cup of tea and do some more stitching. Two of my favourite things!!



2 comments:

  1. Hi, Kate!
    Lovely blog! (I also enjoyed checking out the Prayer one! "Praying the greek way" reminded me of a favorite college professor from years ago who was a great blessing, Fr. Thomas Hopko!)
    Just wanted to tell you that the fabric between the two Jo Mortons is also a Jo Morton fabric. I have quite a collection! Her stuff is gorgeous (as are all your projects!)! :-)
    Blessings,
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mary Lou, thanks so much for your info on the fabric and your kind comments about my projects and prayer blog. I need to be posting on that one a lot more often than I do but it seems that once I sit down to quilt I can't get up again!!! lol
    Maybe I need prayer!!
    Kindest regards
    Kate
    Shetland Isles

    ReplyDelete