This blog is where I share with you all my quilting and sewing progress. I love English Paper Piecing and hand quilting but also enjoy making small items like pincushions and throw cushions. Please leave your comments and let me know you've dropped by.

Also, please feel free to have a look at my new cycling blog. This is a new hobby for me so there will probably be some fun and falling on the way!! Click on the pic at left hand side.

My New Knitting Blog

Friday 17 September 2010

My Latest Find and My Jammy Trophy!!


Well I can hardly believe we're at the weekend again. This week has gone VERY quickly and brought along with it a change of weather for sure. Here in Shetland we have gale force winds which stopped the ferry sailing last night so anyone who wanted to get off the island would have been disappointed. The air has turned markedly colder and the guy in the chip shop told us there was frost due this weekend!! I'm not sure how good a forecaster a chip shop guy really is!! Perhaps he was just "chewin' the fat"!
My photos today are of a lovely little chest of drawers me and hubby found in a second hand store the other day. It has a vague touch of art deco about it and we love it!



Made of a creamy marbled melamine veneer, it has a gorgeous shine to it and looks great against our pale yellow wall. Of course it's almost full up with "stuff" already, but that's what drawers are for!!



The trophy is the one I received for my "best in show" jam. I was told later it was the smell of the fresh strawberries that did it!!! I had only made the jam a couple of days before the show so I may do that again next year.
I noticed from the winners names engraved on the back that no one has won the trophy 2 years in a row, so that is my "mission" for next year!!

Now I'm off to settle down with my snowball quilt. I want to get as much of the top finished this weekend as possible.
Thank you for popping by. Leave a comment so I can visit you too and feel free to press the "follow" button and I'll keep you updated.



1 comment:

  1. Two years in a row...you can do it.
    I’ve enjoyed looking over your blog. I came across it through another blog I follow. I am now a follower of yours as well. Feel free to look over my blog and perhaps become a follower of it also.

    ReplyDelete