This blog is where I share with you all my quilting and sewing progress. I love English Paper Piecing and hand quilting but also enjoy making small items like pincushions and throw cushions. Please leave your comments and let me know you've dropped by.

Also, please feel free to have a look at my new cycling blog. This is a new hobby for me so there will probably be some fun and falling on the way!! Click on the pic at left hand side.

My New Knitting Blog

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Insomnia Gets The Quilts Made!!!


Well, here I am blogging at 7.45am after being awake all night. This is nothing new for me but it is SO annoying. But on the plus side, I managed to finish all my 32 '9 patch blocks' for my snowball quilt. All hand sewn over freezer paper. My absolutely favourite method for patchwork. Here's a photo of the quilt top so far. It was difficult to get the proper angle for photographing as all my floor space is quite small. But here we are anyway...........



Next is the 'simple' task of making about 124 corner pieces for the snowballs and the snowballs themselves. A few more nights of insomnia and it'll all be finished!!! Ha ha!!
Click the follow button and join in the snowball fight!!!

Catch up with you soon.

2 comments:

  1. I like your quilt.
    I was in Lerwick on my birthday, July 27th. I really like your part of the world.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous quilt! I love it! Hope I'm that productive if insomnia hits me. : )

    ReplyDelete