This blog is where I share with you all my quilting and sewing progress. I love English Paper Piecing and hand quilting but also enjoy making small items like pincushions and throw cushions. Please leave your comments and let me know you've dropped by.

Also, please feel free to have a look at my new cycling blog. This is a new hobby for me so there will probably be some fun and falling on the way!! Click on the pic at left hand side.

My New Knitting Blog

Wednesday 8 September 2010

Snowball Sneak Peek!


I've been working steadily on my snowball quilt and thought I'd just post an update. All hand sewn with freezer paper templates, I am REALLY enjoying this project. I even sit up in bed with a lap tray and sew while DH is reading!
Hope you like the pic. Should have all 32 9 patches done by the weekend and then on to the corners of the snowballs and the snowballs themselves.



3 comments:

  1. This is really looking good! I've never tried this pattern but it looks fun. How large will you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra, thanks for your kind comment. I'm really enjoying making this quilt. Hand piecing is so calming. The magazine measurement says 49 and a half by 61 and a half. Inches!! lol
    That's about single bed size I think. I'll be posting again over the weekend when I will hopefully have all 9 patches sewn.
    Catch up with you soon Sandra. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate

    Thank you for your lovely comment and yes I am not too worried about extra padding, had to laugh how he said it.
    Love the look of your Snow Ball blocks, I made one years back using all different greens, gave it to my Mum.

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete