This blog is where I share with you all my quilting and sewing progress. I love English Paper Piecing and hand quilting but also enjoy making small items like pincushions and throw cushions. Please leave your comments and let me know you've dropped by.

Also, please feel free to have a look at my new cycling blog. This is a new hobby for me so there will probably be some fun and falling on the way!! Click on the pic at left hand side.

My New Knitting Blog

Tuesday 12 May 2009

Project Linus Quilt Photos

As promised, here are a few pics of the quilt I am working on for Project Linus.
First, an 'ariel view'!



This next pic is is one of the nine 'sections' that depict a little child having fun. I am putting three quilted outlines round each one to give that sort of 3D effect. I love the way the space hopper is standing out. I still have a couple of things to do on it but I'm getting there!



I really love this little horsey one.


I've always wanted to fly a kite. But I ended up quilting one instead!!
This final picture shows off the lovely fabric for the backing. To my knowledge it is a Liberty Tana Lawn fabric. It is the most delightful colour in a Paisley design as you can see.

The fabrics used are from various sources, although the Paisley is new. The multi-check fabric was bought as a dress from a charity shop! I just loved the colours, although I wouldn't ever wear a dress!!
I'd be delighted to hear from you if you have made quilts for children in need of comfort and cheer, so please get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment